3/20/2014 1:08:37 PM
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Posted under: Desert
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (maybe more)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (maybe more)
- Pretzels 1 bag
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork or whisk, or in a stand mixer.
2. Add the sugars and mix to combine.
3. At this point if the filling will roll easily into balls without sticking to your hands you’re ready to go. If not, add a little more of each sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll (I used about 3/4 cup of each sugar).
4. Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling.
5. Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels.
6. When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
7. Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. (*I added a scant teaspoon of shortening to the chocolate chips; makes dipping easier.)
8. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate.
9. Return to the tray and repeat with remaining sandwiches. When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely.
10. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.
Please login to reply.